Caring for our citizens
We promote and support the development of accessible, high-quality community-based comprehensive behavioral health services throughout the state of Maryland.
The Maryland Association of Behavioral Health Authorities, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization founded in 1997 to:
- represent members to external groups including Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Behavioral Health Administration (BHA), the General Assembly and Governor, statewide advocacy organizations, and the public,
- promote the professional development of member agency staff,
- provide a system of communication and a structure for collaboration among members and with BHA and other partners,
- identify system needs and promote resolution to ensure effective quality behavioral health services.
Our Shared Values
- Wellness and Recovery Oriented,
- Individualized and Person Centered with Choice,
- High Quality, Cost Effective, Culturally Competent and Accessible,
- Integrated and Community Based,
- Collaborative and Responsive while Empowering Partnerships,
- Innovative and Holistic.